THE BIG BANG feat. Miley Cyrus

Oh yea and Kevin Zegers stars in it!!

No big deal. He's just, you know, gorgeous<3 Seriously, ever since Air Bud (holla!) I have loved this boy. So, I am very happy he is now in a beautiful music video that I can watch again and again. Check out the video - music by Rock Mafia!

Okay, so now that you have watched it, let's have a little chat.

Miley Cyrus - innocent Disney star?
There has apparently been some "tsk tsk"ers out there towards Miley for being "too adult" or "too sexy" in this video. Can I just make sure I am not the only person who has seen her videos, "Can't Be Tamed " and "Who Owns My Heart?"?

[Just in case you are thinking, wait - I haven't seen those! I included the links. "Who Owns My Heart" is linked to the "European" version simply because the "official" one looked like it is lower quality on my computer. I am fairly certain it's the exact same video. Just fyi.]


Anyways, no way is this video more scandalous. If anything, The Big Bang is sweeter and much artsier than basically anything Miley has done in her career thus far. Let's not knock Miley for having good taste in boots and wearing a sheer dress at the beach. (Besides, that's fake Miley technically. Can't blame her for what Kevin dresses a figment of his imagination, right?)

Now that the "Sexy Miley?" subject is covered...
Here comes the video talk - So beautiful. I thought it was well directed, and a fun movie-music video for once. Nothing too weird, and they didn't make you watch for 7 minutes. Just a quick, short and romantic story that makes you think. Thank you, Rock Mafia. (And no thank you, Lady Gaga and Beyonce, for Telephone's longgggg dumb video. No, you're not Tarantino).

I love the kind of open-ended mystery aspect. The photo disappearing from the camera at the end: perfect.  Did she die before they could share all those memories? Was the two of them in the car "reality" and they got in an accident which only Kevin survived? Has she always been his hallucination? Is she not a hallucination, but a ghost?

I could keep spitting out concepts, but this isn't a round table on possible made-for-tv sci fi channel movies. So... Think about it. And feel free to let me know your thoughts.

 Most importantly, watch this video. Then watch it again.

2 comments:

  1. I prefer the idea that she died after they had this beautiful relationship, BUT then the fact that the car is empty makes no sense whatever. If she died, don't show us the car, it's more suspenseful. So I'm going to have to go with hallucination. That still doesn't explain why the car was empty but it does explain why he kept flipping between memories and why he keeps "thinking" he sees her.

    As for sexy Mylie, I haven't seen those videos but it seemed more sexy and yet more normal than the video where she has all those feathers and dances in a cage. My only question is, what would be "real" Mylie? Cause pretty sure you think Madonna, Brittney, and MJ play themselves, or at least you credit them for their genius videos. Don't get me wrong, Mylie is old enough to be just as slutty as Brit and Brit was a disney girl once too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I just mean this isn't her song, she is just acting in the video. But the fake Miley was a joke about how she is a dude's hallucination in this anyways.

    And silly Larissa, feathers and dancing is the Can't Be Tamed video!

    ReplyDelete