Barack is Back in Seattle

Thursday, October 21
6:30 am: My phone rings. It is someone from my house calling. Ignore.
6:32 am: I receive and groggily listen to voicemail. It is my dad. The line to get in to the Patty Murray rally to see Barack Obama speak is already insane. People have camped out all night. He recommends I get going. I go back to sleep.
7:30 am: I wake up. Text Katina that we should probably go closer to 8 than 8:30 because apparently the line was already long an hour ago. She says she will try, but falls back asleep.
8:30 am: I reach the IMA and see the crazy long Obama line.
8:35 am: Katina says she is close. I am still walking past people in line.
8:40 am: I reach the end of the line, close to the Water Activities Center. Katina has reached the beginning of the line.
8:50 am: Katina arrives. We wait in line and commence with witty banter.
9:30 am: The line is moving, slowly but surely.
10:20 am: (This is officially a rough estimate, because I stopped paying attention to the time) We have reached security, and realize we will be getting into Hec Ed and arent stuck in Husky Stadium overflow!
10:30 am: We arrive inside!
11-12: People I didn't know talk. Oh and Norm Dicks and Christine Gregoire.
12:00 pm: Patty and the Prez come out! She talks for a while and makes fun of Dino Rossi lots. She makes Barack laugh a couple times. He is beautiful.
12:30 pm:  Obama speaks!! Basically the message was - America got into some trouble, nice going Republicans. Democrats are trying to fix it but the Republicans messed up a lot so its confusing and takes time. The Republicans keep complaining about how much time it is taking the Democrats to fix their problem. Barack makes a couple jokes and tells a really long car analogy that was good but when I tried to re-tell it the other night I messed it up so I won't try again. Barack was very charming and well worth the wait <3
1:00 pm: The rally is over and we are on our way out and I am off to class!!

No comments:

Post a Comment